Tuesday, January 31, 2012

series finale of chuck





If you didn't know this already, my favorite show in the entire world, Chuck, had it's final episode on Friday. I admit: I was crying my eyes out during the last fifteen minutes of the episode.


A lot of times when I watch all the seasons of a certain show, I get attached to the characters, and the show in general. Pretty pathetic, I know. I see it as a journey that has finally come to a stop.


Though I am sad that Chuck is finished, I'm somewhat glad they cut the show.


Seasons 1 and 2 were the best out of all the seasons. Chuck was so awkward, and the sexual tension between Chuck and Sarah was tremendous.


After those seasons, everything seemed so forced.


It was getting pretty obvious that NBC was collecting the scraps they could get just to keep the show running, as displayed by the excessive and not-so-subliminal Subway messages. The plot for the last three seasons was drying up, and the action scenes became cheesier.





It's sad that Chuck was cancelled. I bet if Chuck was on another network, its success would have been greater. Look at NBC's lineup of shows: barely any of them lasted more than a season. Chuck was lucky to have all the support from its fans. Without their excessive Subway sandwich consumption, Chuck would've ended after Season 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment